Maintaining your privacy is really important to us.
From time to time this policy is updated. The latest version is published on this page.
The data controller (Crystal Broom) can be contacted by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or write to:
4 Woodside Place
We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions on this website.
We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
What data we gather
We may collect the following information:
• Name and job title.
• Contact information including email address.
• Demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests.
• Website usage data.
• Other information relevant to client enquiries.
• Other information pertaining to special offers and surveys.
Under no circumstances will we collect or process any of the following types of sensitive data:
- Race or ethnic origin
- Political opinions
- Religious or philosophical beliefs
- Trade union memberships
- Genetic or biometric data
- Health or mortality
- Sex life or sexual orientation
Our website is not intended for or targeted at children under 16, and we do not knowingly or intentionally collect information about children under 16. If you believe that we have collected information about a child under 16, please contact us at email@example.com, so that we may delete the information.
How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking for from the company, enabling us to deliver improved products and services.
Specifically, we may use data:
• For our own internal records.
• To improve the products and services we provide.
• To contact you in response to as specific enquiry.
• To customise the website for you.
• To send you promotional emails about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
• To send you promotional mailings or to call you about products, services offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
• To contact you via email, telephone or mil for market research reasons.
Crystal Broom do not use any personal information to make any automated decisions.
Crystal Broom is the data controller of your personal information. Crystal Broom’s Data Protection Officer can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. However, we will normally collect personal information from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information). Similarly, if we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
Crystal Broom does not transfer any personal information internationally.
Cookies and how we use them
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
• Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
• Identify whether you are signed in to our website. A cookie allows us to check whether you are signed in to the site.
• Test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
• Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
• To recognise when you return to our website. We may show you relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
However, please note that doing this may affect how our website functions. Some pages and services may become unavailable to you.
Controlling information about you
When you fill in a form to provide your details on our website, you will see one or more tick boxes allowing you to:
• Opt-in to receive marketing communications from us by email, telephone, text message or post.
• Opt-in to receive marketing communications from our third-party partners by email, telephone, text message or post.
If you have agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes, you can change your mind easily, via one of these methods:
• Send an email to email@example.com
• Write to us at: 4 Woodside Place, Charing Cross, Glasgow, G3 7QF.
You have the right to check your information to verify, update, or correct it, and to have any obsolete information removed. You can also ask to review any of the information that we have retained, how we have used it, and to whom we have disclosed it at any time by contacting us as indicated above. You may also ask us to change your preferences regarding how we use or disclose your information, or let us know that you do not wish to receive any further communication from us.
When signing up to our subscription service we use a third party (MailChimp) to store information. For more information about MailChimp, please see https://mailchimp.com
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to any other third parties unless we have your permission, or the law requires us to.
We retain Personal Information that you provide to us where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, as long as is required in order to contact you about the Subscription Service or our other services, or as needed to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your Personal Information, we securely delete the information or anonymise it or, if this is not possible, then we will securely store your Personal Information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible. We will delete this information from the servers at an earlier date if you so request.
If you have elected to receive marketing communications from us, we retain information about your marketing preferences for a reasonable period of time from the date you last expressed interest in our content, products, or services, such as when you last opened an email from us.
We retain information derived from cookies and other tracking technologies for a reasonable period of time from the date such information was created.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with the Data Protection Act 1998 and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We will always hold your information securely.
To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards.
We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Links from our site
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of websites outside the crystalbroom.co.uk domain.
If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.